Search Engine Optimization has become one of the most important parts of modern online marketing. From small business to large corporations, all businesses need to put a large portion of their marketing effort into SEO to keep up with the constantly changing world. With the passage of time, people have become more and more dependent on Search Engines and Search Engines have dedicated themselves to providing the best results.
Since the beginning of search, Search Engines have changed quite a bit. Therefore, the marketing strategy of marketers has also evolved accordingly. We have now come to a point where there is no way for taking shortcuts to achieve tricky successes. The only way to achieve your business goal now, is to provide quality products or services along with proper online representation.
The success of a business, whether small or large, depends on its employees and service providers to fulfill their responsibilities. SEO is no different from that. A large number of business around the world use the service of Digital Marketing Companies to achieve that goal. You need to hire a company that you can rely on if you expect to have a successful SEO campaign.
There are number of scammers and dishonest SEO companies around the world. Chances are you will be caught in the trap of scamming agency if you do not follow due process before hiring. In this Article, you will learn the step by step details about hiring a Trustworthy SEO Company.
Why Do You Need to Hire an SEO Company for Your Small Local Business?
The first question you need to ask yourself is, “Why You Need to Hire an SEO Company”. As I stated earlier, SEO has become the most important aspect of Online Marketing. If you are not running an SEO campaign, you are falling behind. SEO is an ongoing process. Even the websites which rank among the top of SERPs need to work continuously to maintain their position in the current competitive world. So, if you are sitting around, you are going to lose many potential clients.
There is a lot of reasons Why You Need to Start an SEO Campaign. Here are some examples:
- You just launched a new website for your business.
- You already have website, but it is not performing well on SERPs
- Your website is not getting enough traffic and leads
- There is massive drop on SERPs and/or Traffic
If any of these matches your situation, you should seek professional service from a Trustworthy SEO Company. Dedication, Patience and Commitment will bring you long term success with the right SEO Company.
8 Steps When Hiring an SEO Company in Southwest Florida
Well Defined Goal: The first and foremost step to a successful SEO campaign is to have a Clearly Defined Goal. Before you start a campaign, your SEO company must define what they are going to achieve through their service. If the goal is like “50 Citations Per Month” or “4 Guest Blogs Per Month”, it is not a clearly defined goal. In general, the goal of a SEO campaign should be:
- Increase in Brand Awareness & Brand Value
- Improved Interface to Provide Better User Experience (UX)
- Improvement of position in SERPs
- Increase in Search and Referral Traffic
- Up to Date with Search Engine Algorithm: Search Engines are continuously updating their search algorithm to generate the best result. If your SEO provider does not follow the guidelines properly, your website performance will not improve. Besides, it might cost you big time in the future. Your SEO should always be up to date with Search Algorithm Changes so that they can build a suitable strategy and immediately fix issues if there is any conflict of interest.
- Transparency: Transparency is a major part of trust. An SEO company should provide a clear term of ownership for any data or content created for the campaign. Business owners are often held hostage with the content ownership dispute. A trusted company will not withhold information and you will get the full control of everything. Here are the things you need to check on-
- You have Full Control of Website Control panel, Backend, Hosting, Domain etc.
- You have Full access and control over Webmaster, Analytics and AdWords (Ads) account.
- You have full access and control over any Log In data (Email access, Username, Email, Password) and Backlinks.
- You have full ownership of the content (Article, Photo, Video, Case Study etc.) created for this campaign
- Check Online Reviews and Portfolios: Currently, one of the best ways to learn about a company is Online Reviews. Before making any decision, look for company reviews in platforms like Google, Yelp etc. You will learn about the experiences of their previous clients and decide if they are the best fit for you. Look at our portfolios.
- User Data Tracking: The technical aspects of tracking progress has changed a lot. Data tracking is not about tracking progress only. Tracking can help you analyze data and point out scope improvement. You must look for a SEO company that tracks data properly and implements improvements accordingly.
- Range of Services: Unlike large corporations, small business owners cannot afford to hire different companies for different services like Technical On-Page SEO, Article or Blog writing, Link Building, PPC Management etc. Check out the range of services the SEO company offers. If you can get all these services from one place, you would have to spend less time and effort for maintenance and coordination.
- Set Up a Meeting: Set up a meeting with the company official to get an understanding of your Campaign Goal, competition, strategy etc. Besides, you will have an idea about their company value and ethics. You need to be sure about how much importance you are getting and if you are comfortable working with them.
- Budget: Budget should be defined according to the level of competition and campaign goal. Every website needs unique attention. But, the budget you are being offered should not be a complicated one. The budget should be generalized in a way so that both parties can be happy to comply with.
What to Ask When Hiring an SEO Agency?
When you have narrowed down the list of SEO companies, you need some clear answers to the following questions to make a final decision.
- What are the Contract Details?
The company should provide contract details which include Campaign Goal, Terms of Contract, Duration, Services, Agreement for Content Ownership, Budget etc.
- What are the Means of Ending Contract?
Sometimes unnecessary circumstances arise, and contracts need to be dissolved. There must be a clear way to end the contract for both parties without any fuss. Notice time, Payment for Partial Period etc. should be clearly defined.
- Do They Offer White Hat Techniques?
Ask if they practice 100% White Hat techniques. The days of Black Hat SEO are over.
- Do You Get Access & Ownership of Content & Data?
Ask the company whether you get control of all the content and data generated for your campaign. If not, it’s not the right company for you. You do not want to get into an awkward situation when ending the contract.
- How and When Will They Communicate?
Get a clear idea about the form and frequency of your communication.
- How is Their Experience & Knowledge about Your Industry?
Ask if the SEO company has worked with businesses like your own. Have an idea about their knowledge about the product or services you provide.
- Is the Budget Compatible?
Ask about the budget they are offering. The budget should be compatible with the competition and goal. You should not fall for cheap costs. Remember, “You will get what you are paying for”.
- Website SEO Audit
You can ask for an SEO audit to get the general idea about the current status of your website and the competitors’. It would cost you a little, but it would help you connect your Budget and Goal.
- What are The Payment Methods?
Get an idea about the payment methods they accept. Make sure you can make secure and stress-free payment with those options.
- When and How will They Be Reporting?
SEO Report is a very important thing. See what details they are putting on the report and how frequently reports are delivered. The report shows a summary of recent work done. You might need it in the future.
Common Mistakes Business Owners Make When Choosing a Local SEO Company
- Cheap Rate: Cheap rates only gets you a cheap quality service.
- Local Company: As there is no physical service involved, for both Local and Organic targeting you don’t have to necessarily hire a local company for SEO services.
- Flashy High-Tech Sales Pitch: A colorful high-tech sales pitch may catch your eye, but it doesn’t always mean quality services.
- Secret SEO Trick: Do not fall for “Secret Tricks”. There is no secret trick or shortcut in SEO.
- No Research: Business owners are often indifferent to a little research. You need to know what you are spending on.
- Quick Result: Are you offered “Guaranteed result”? There is no way to determine how much time it will take for a website to get result. So, don’t fall for quick results.
Run in The Opposite Direction if You Get Offers like the Following:
- Instant Lead Growth
- Guaranteed Result
- Specific Results like Double or Triple Traffic
- PBN Network
- Black Hat Techniques
- Packages like “50 Citation” or “X” amount of Backlinks
- Goals like “First Page Ranking for 5/10 keywords “
Business owners need an SEO company that understands the needs of clients. Our SEO team will create a custom SEO plan based on your budget. All you have to do is give us a budget and goals.
The success of an SEO campaign ultimately depends on two things:
- SEO companies fulfill what they offer
- Business owners’ patience
This guide will help you choose a trustworthy SEO company. Feel free to ask any questions.