We live at the age of technological advancement. And smartphones are perhaps the most significant gift of modern technology to mankind. Wide ranges of applications have given new meaning to how we communicate, get news and information, maintain our daily life and manage our businesses. People nowadays spend a major portion of their time on their smartphones. Therefore, mobile apps have become a major part of business management & marketing for almost all types of business owners & service providers. Mobile apps are more efficient for customer engagement & improving brand recognition than any other means available now. Learn about our mobile media services.
Types of Mobile Apps for Business Owners
In general, business owners can opt for two types of mobiles- a third party app with paid subscription or a custom-built app solely dedicated for their business only. The most common platforms are Android & IOS. You can opt for a single platform app or a cross platform app. In case of cross platform apps, you must ensure all versions have similar performance.
Advantages of Mobile Apps for Business owners
The number, functions & variety of mobile apps has increased exponentially with the increase of smartphone users. Nowadays, there are apps for all sorts of human needs. People rely on mobile apps for direction, entertainment, news, information, shopping etc. because mobile apps are quick & easy to handle, and they are always at our fingertips. Now, if you are a business owner and you are not taking advantages of Mobile Apps, you are missing out big time.
In 2016, the Global mobile app revenue was $88 billion, and it is expected to reach $188 billion in 2020. These include both sales & advertisement revenue. [Source: Statista] This data shows the value of mobile apps for large corporations as well as small businesses. Here are some functional advantages of mobile apps for business owners to stay ahead in the competition in 2019:
- Direct Communication: Mobile apps are quicker and more effective than other traditional communication such as phone or email. Customers can easily find information about products or services, see reviews, and become engaged. On the other hand, business owners can effectively reach users with information about new product launches, promotional offers, occasional discounts, etc.
- Targeted Marketing: Mobile apps revolutionized marketing for business owners and service providers. From the user data, you can gain ideas about demographics, location, taste, shopping behaviors, etc. This data will help you specific your audience more, therefore, the marketing will become more effective.
- Increased Customer Loyalty: Customer loyalty is the root for success for every business. Through the mobile app you can send updates, reminders & notifications to your customers. When customers will get valuable information and constant engagement, a level of trust & loyalty will grow. Besides, this is a great opportunity to increase brand awareness.
- Security: Android and IOS apps are more secure for transaction compared to websites and browsers.
- Better Brand Recognition: Marketing & branding has evolved a lot during the past few decades. Traditional marketing like billboards, cable TV advertising, business websites, social media pages, etc. are common among most businesses. Mobile apps in combination with these traditional marketing offerings will give significant boost to your brand.
- Improved Visibility: Most people prefer an app to searching on computers nowadays. Having a mobile app will give your business more exposure when people search for products or services you offer through mobile devices.
- Better Platform for Sales: Mostly for Ecommerce businesses, a mobile app is a huge advantage when it comes to sales. People nowadays have their bank account integrated with their smartphones. When they want to purchase something through an app, they can do it with just several taps. In the case of websites, there might be some stressful forms customers like to avoid filling out and this can often results in no sale.
- Better Business Management: Business owners can integrate all their business schedules, sales data, client data, account ledgers, etc. with the mobile app. Thus, total management becomes easy and there is less chance of miscommunication among employees.
- Rise above the crowd: When your competitors do not have their own mobile app, you can be certain to stand out of the crowd with an extra feature that is fast and effective. And if your competitors have their own mobile app, you can rise above them by providing customers with quicker responses, more helpful approaches and better engagement.
The whole business world is now faster and more competitive than ever. Business owners cannot expect quick growth & higher rates of success unless they adapt with the latest trends, and do so fast. 2019 is going to be another year of dominance of apps. The effectiveness of traditional marketing is on the decline and apps are growing increasingly more popular. A suitable mobile app can increase your brand value and boost sales. Mobile Apps will bring success to your business in 2019 and beyond.